Introduction to the Atmel-ICE:
Atmel-ICE is a powerful development tool for debugging and programming ARM Cortex-M based Atmel SAM and Atmel AVR microcontrollers with On-Chip Debug capability.
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all Atmel AVR UC3 microcontrollers on both JTAG and aWire interface.
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all AVR XMEGA family devices on both JTAG and PDI 2-wire interface.
- Programming (JTAG and SPI) and debugging of all AVR 8-bit microcontrollers with OCD support on both JTAG or debugWIRE interfaces.
- Programming and debugging of all Atmel SAM ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers on both SWD and JTAG interface.
- Programming (TPI) of all Atmel tinyAVR 8-bit microcontrollers with support for this interface.
- Fully compatible with Atmel Studio
- Supports programming and debugging of all Atmel AVR UC3 32-bit microcontrollers
- Supports programming and debugging of all 8-bit AVR XMEGA devices
- Supports programming and debugging of all 8-bit Atmel megaAVR® and tinyAVR devices with OCD
- Supports programming and debugging of all SAM ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers
- Target operating voltage range of 1.62V to 5.5V
- Draws less than 3mA from target VTref when using debugWIRE interface and less than 1mA for all other interfaces
- Supports JTAG clock frequencies from 32kHz to 7.5MHz
- Supports PDI clock frequencies from 32kHz to 7.5MHz
- Supports debugWIRE baud rates from 4kbit/s to 0.5Mbit/s
- Supports aWire baud rates from 7.5kbit/s to 7Mbit/s
- Supports SPI clock frequencies from 8kHz to 5MHz
- Supports SWD clock frequencies from 32kHz to 2MHz
- USB 2.0 high-speed host interface
- ITM serial trace capture at up to 3MB/s